I am a Postdoctoral Research and Teaching fellow at Goldsmiths, University of London in the Department of Computing. I am focusing on interactive tools and User-Centered Machine Learning for supporting creative practitionners. Before I was a postdoc at IRCAM studying interfaces and interaction to support control of spatialization by professional music composer in the ANR project EFFICACe. I did my Ph.D in Human-Computer Interaction and Computer-Aided Composition in the in|situ| team at LRI and in the Music Representation group at IRCAM under the supervision of Wendy Mackay, Carlos Agon and Fanis Tsandilas
I am interested in studying and designing interactive systems able to actively support creative users in their work. I use user-centered methods to observe, design and evaluate new technologies.
My Ph.D focused on supporting music composition with interactive paper to combine free expression on paper with computer-aided composition tools.
International peer-reviewed conferences
National peer-reviewed conferences & Workshops
- Music and HCI, CHI'16, San Jose, CA, May 2016.
- Human-Centered Machine Learning, CHI'16, San Jose, CA, May 2016.
- Interactivity in Music Composition and Performance workshop , Montreal, May 2015.
- Processing, Authoring and Composing of Spatial Sounds (using Spat and OpenMusic) at CIRMMT for the Interactivity in Music Composition and Performance workshop with Thibault Carpentier, Montreal, May 2015. Slides.
- Geste calligraphique et composition assistée par ordinateur at IRCAM for the Composer (avec) le geste workshop with Philippe Leroux, Paris, June 2014. Vidéo
- Vers des partitions interactive at La Sorbonne for a workshop on Music Notation with Mathieu Chailloux, Paris, June 2013
- Le papier interactif pour la composition at GRAME for a seminar on new spaces for musical notation Lyon, April 2012
- Composing with Interactive Paper, NUIM, Ireland, november 2011
- Composing with Interactive Paper, with Wendy Mackay at CNMAT, California, february 2011
- 2014 Public Exhibition of PaperTonnetz and Dessines moi un paysage sonore at Futur en Seine.
- 2013 Interactivity session Demonstration of PaperTonnetz during the CHI'14 interactivity sessions
- 2012 Science Fair Demonstration of Paper Substrates during two days with scholars and external visitors
- 2012 Interactivity session Demonstration of Paper Substrates during the CHI'12 interactivity sessions
- 2011 Public Exhibition, of PaperTonnetz at the Palais de la découverte during the MCM'11 conference in Paris
Art & Science
- 2015 Multimedia Creation "Rotations" with Le Collectif du Vendredi. Performance with two jugglers and motion sensors controlling audio-visual effects. Performed during Les Guinguettes, Saint-Etienne.
- 2014 Research and Creation at Ircam for the composition and performance of "Quid Sit Musicus" by Philippe Leroux. Watch the documentary about its creation.
- 2013-2014 Interactive Installation Dessines moi un paysage sonore during the Curiositas festival and the Horizons Numériques festival. The installation is the result of a collaboration with Patrice Guyot and allows visitors to create sound scapes from drawings and to physicaly explore them with an interactive floor.
- 2013 Workshop on Tangible musical interaction during the Curiositas festival with Phonotonic. Participants used acceleration sensors to create interactive objects that create sounds.
Trajectoires is a web application that runs on mobile and desktop for controlling sound spatialization with multiple trajectories. The users can draw, edit, transform and replay trajectories and get audio feedback from any OSC-enabled sound spatialization engine such the Ircam Spat. Development started in 2015 with Xavier Favory.
PaperComposer is an application that lets composers (or other practitionners) create and use personnal paper interfaces with their existing composition environments. The application uses interactive paper substrates as main paper components to support advanced and personal interactions on paper.
Bruitomètre is a simple loudness viewer that has been developed for teachers to help children view and control their sound loudness while working. installation and use: Install the Max/MSP runtime application and run the Bruitomètre.mxf file. You could use it and distribute it freely. I will appreciate to know how you use it and how it helps you.
Goldsmiths University, London, UK. (2015-now)
- Introduction to Programming, 2015-2016.
- Principles and Applications of Programmings (JAVA), 2015-2016.
- Mathematical Modelling for Problem Solving, 2015-2016. Paris-Sud University, Orsay, France. (2011, 2015)
- Programmation des Interfaces Interactives, 2015.
- Advanced Design of Interactive Systems, 2014.
- Human-Computer Interaction, 2014, 2013
- Design and Evaluation of Interactive Systems, 2014, 2012.
- Software development, 2012, 2014.
- Artificial Life and Machine Learning, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Introduction to imperative programmation, 2011.
Page viewed times.